My FAVOURITE Recipe
Banana bread holds the key to my heart...and my stomach.
I think, alongside carrot cake, it is my favourite thing to bake.
I have tried and tested so many recipes, and what I love about it is it is so simple to adapt. I'm always adding spices, berries, nut butters, greek yoghurt, to explore flavours and textures.
This one is full of spices and berries.
It's squidgy, melt in the mouth moist (that word....)
In theory will keep stored for a week it certainly doesn't last long around the house!
- 280g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tspn Ground Cinnamon & Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Butter
- 1tspn Vanilla Extract
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 50g Honey/Agave/Date Syrup
- 4 Ripe Bananas (3 Mashed, 1 Sliced in 1/2 for the top)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbspn Total Greek Yoghurt (also recommend Skyr or Rachel's Organic Ginger Yoghurt)
- 85ml any milk of choice (I use Soya)
- 1 1/2 tspn Lemon Juice
- 1 handful of Frozen Berries
Banana Bread is super simple and quick to make, and ALWAYS worth it at the end.
Your house will smell amazing when it bakes as well!
1) In a large mixing bowl sieve the flour, add in the salt, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices. Mix in and leave to the side.
2) In a separate bowl, add the butter, sugar and honey together. With an electric beater cream it together until light and fluffy.
3) Mash 3 of the bananas, and whisk the eggs, both in separate bowls
4) Add the eggs, bananas, milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and greek yoghurt into the creamed butter mix and fold in.
5) Fold in the flour mixture and frozen berries.
6) Line the bottom of a loaf tin and grease the sides (this mixture comfortably fills a 25cm x 10cm tin)
7) Pour the mixture into the tin and add the sliced banana to the top before baking for 45mins to 1 hour on 180C/350F/Gas 4.
You can test it after 45min by putting a knife into the centre and seeing if it comes out without any raw mixture on it.